At Refleqt, we specialize in all the skills needed to implement continuous delivery. Our strength? Automated quality.
Performance Testing as your fast lane to success
Does the go-live of new platforms or applications cause you stress? It does not for us. We look for potential bottlenecks in your systems. For example, we can identify slow processes or measure software response times under various conditions. In addition, we can identify memory leaks, perform scalability analysis, scrutinize system recovery … you name it. We reveal the pain points in your systems so you can fix them.
Approach for performance trajectories
There are many different types of tests to check the performance of your software. A prerequisite for starting this is thorough preparation and planning.
Therefore, we always start with an intake meeting. During that meeting, we look for answers to several important questions: what does the application look like? What will it be used for? Who are the typical users? What user profiles are there? So, during the first phase, we look at the different personas and at the main workflows on the application. For this, we need a clear demo from the client.
We also ask to access the application so we can go through all the steps ourselves. We keep the diverse personas in mind to test various flows. Once the analyses are done, we estimate the workload and prepare a proposal.
In phase two, we build test scripts and determine the scenarios we want to test. The test scripts are automated instructions to simulate user behavior. The scenarios involve a combination of various test scripts and configurations that mimic specific user interactions.
During the third phase, we start running the tests. In doing so, we take a war room approach. This way we keep the feedback loop between customer and tester as short as possible. After each execution, our customer gets the space to make all necessary adjustments and fixes before we start the next execution. This is an iterative process. This means the cycle will be repeated several times until the desired performance is achieved.
Ready to test your performance?
You name it, we test it
- Load testing: To determine the behavior of an application under a realistic load on the system.
- Stress testing: For this type of testing, we look at how the application reacts under an increased load. This means a load that is above the usual limits and well above operational capacity.
- Spike testing: This is a test meant to see how an app or platform responds at significant peak loads. For example, consider a ticket sale of a popular band: everyone wants to log in at the same time, so the app must not crash.
- Scalability testing: These tests aim to check how future-proof applications and platforms are. For example, we look at how the application responds to the current load. Through simulation, we estimate the client’s future growth and whether their environment can handle the increase.
- Endurance testing: These are actually load tests whose run time we multiply. Instead of focusing on more users, we monitor the application for a longer period. This is how we detect memory leaks and bottlenecks that cause problems over a longer period of time.
- Capacity testing: With this type of testing, we examine the breaking point of your systems. We analyze when they begin to crash by a gradual increase in load. After the analyses we report how you can configure the resources in your environment more efficiently.
- Trend monitoring: During the entire development, we check if the performance remains stable in order to avoid double development work.
These are some of the testing possibilities. Let us help you identify potential performance issues and optimize your platforms.
Curious about our services? Take a quick look at our reference cases.